Saturday, February 26, 2011

Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy


We can all make a long list of things we can't, or shouldn't do on Sunday, but for my lesson I wanted to focus on the things we can do.

Lately, I have been intrigued by the power of words and I've incorporated my fascination with them into my lessons. I made a list of verbs, (action words) on the board, like build, allow, praise, surrender, enrich, visit, share, etc. I then had the class add the nouns, as many as they could. They came up with and endless list of things we can do on Sunday:
  • Build: relationships, a testimony
  • Allow: laughter, quiet time
  • Praise: each other, family members, the Lord
  • Surrender: worldly interests, bad habits
  • Enrich: your knowledge of Christ, peaceful atmosphere at home
  • Visit: family, friends, those who are sick or lonely
  • Share: talents, your time with children and spouse, testimony
I shared a couple of quotes and scriptures that supported these activities and that was all it took for a successful discussion and colorful lesson- which is my goal each time I teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment